Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Testing 1, 2, 3...

This is an experiment. I can never seem to stay on top of a journal, as seen in my last blog brisk and giddy-paced times. I often forget that I even own a diary, let alone remember to write in it. And...I spend an awfully long time taking advantage of the many mind numbing things that the internet has to offer.


So! 


That being said, I think I will start a blog and see what becomes of it. Maybe I'll follow through or maybe, when the time comes to use this as a mode of procrastination, I'll decide to do homework. Who knows. But, let's give it a shot, eh?


Oh no, now I have to find a place to start. 


This always feels so awkward. How to begin...


Well, I've been doing some stuff since returning from England.

Like, going to Jenner Beach in Sonoma County with my parents! Nothing quite brings back more memories of England than being under dressed for cold weather. And it was a cold day at the beach...
I planted the cutest little garden in the front yard! Lobelias, verbena, yarrow, lantana, abelia, oh!  I must admit, three of the lobelias have turned into very sad little plants. I think I loved on them too hard.
I've been trying to uphold the afternoon tea tradition. And it's a great tradition to uphold when it means you get a pre-dessert cookie fix. 
And we hosted a British themed family get together in honor of the British Open! Complete with Aspall cider (not quite as good as Aspall on tap at the Queen's Arms Pub in South Kensingtion, but, with Ribena, it'll do), bangers, and chips. 
Hm. It would appear that I'm missing London more than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment