Saturday, July 23, 2011

Gurlz Day (And Some Other Stuff, Too)

Pictures from my hike with Will yesterday to Dinosaur Spine!
Isn't it beautiful?!?! Yes. Yes it is.

On a different note, I saw "Captain America" yesterday and loved it. I also loved Thor. Am I crazy? Is it just a soft spot for the Avengers? Does everyone like these movies or is my taste level just going downhill? Don't answer that. I don't want to know...

My mum and I had a GURLZ DAY today! Oh em gee! We went shopping and then got mani-pedis. John, my cute little manicurist, laughed and scolded me for my atrociously short nails. Here is an exchange we had -

John (after buffing my stubs while laughing): You have boyfriend?
Me: Yeah.
John: THEN WHY YOU BITE YOUR NAILS!?!?!
Me: ...I don't know...
John (after a few minutes of silence): When you gonna get married?
Me: WHAT?! Awhile, I think!
Mum (from a table away): NEVER! I mean, she's only 21...

I promised John that when I come home for fall break my nails will be beautiful. I must follow through.

My mum, dad and I just got home from Food Fight (a food fair in Oakland). We sampled a bunch of different foods from a bunch of different restaurants, but had to wait in a lot of lines. It also seemed as crowded as the damn Piccadilly tube line on the weekend! SO CROWDED. 
I had a small flat taco, a bite sized cinnamon bun, two different jambalayas, different moles, and my dad educated me while I sipped a couple different wines and beers. Here is what I learned: wine and beer are still gross. However, if presented with a Syrah and a Pinot Noir, Syrah is the lesser of the two evils. Damnit, I just want to be classy and enjoy a glass of wine! 
Though it was terribly crowded inside, outside on the docks, it was a beautiful cool evening.

Tomorrow, we're all going down to see Santa Cruz Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors! I'm so excited, but I need to read up on the play because...I don't know anything about it. 

Except that it's a comedy. That much I've worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment